What Are the Types and Materials of Slitting Machine Blades?
Slitting machines are commonly used in the manufacturing industry to convert large rolls of material into smaller materials of a specific size. These machines are equipped with slitting blades that are responsible for cutting the material accurately and smoothly. Slitting blades play a vital role in the overall functionality of a machine, and selecting the proper blade type and material is critical to ensuring high-quality output. In this article, we'll discuss the different types and materials of slitter blades.
The Types of Slitting Machine Blades Can Be Simply Divided into the Following Three Types:
1. The first type of special slitting blades (such as slitting blades) are usually used in other equipment to help them complete special cutting tasks. In detail, it can be expressed from the following three aspects:
- As a longitudinal shear blade for cold roll forming lines.
- This type of slitting machine blade is required in the machining of steel structures.
- Flattening and shearing of sheet metal are usually done with a blade to aid in the cutting steps that need to be done quickly in the production process.
2. Multi-purpose slitting and slitting machine blades, such as slitting blades, can also be used in two forms:
It belongs to the high-precision slitting blade. When using this slitter blade, just put in the material and the necessary cutting of the board can be done. Not only can it be formed in one go, but it can also be accurate. The main thing is that when using a slitting blade, it is usually cut during the punching process, so it is used efficiently. Generally, there are two types of sheet longitudinal scissors and oblique blade shears.
3. The blade of the flat blade shearing machine, blade of the Huangshi shearing machine is designed as a flat blade. The quality of the board cut by this design is good, it will not be deformed or deformed, and because the upper and lower surfaces are designed in parallel when in use, it can be divided into the upper-cut type and lower-cut type when used. This requires the operator to have operating experience when performing operations, so as to avoid accidents in the work, resulting in equipment damage or loss of unit price.
Slitting machine blades are used for scrolling shear blades in the metallurgical strip-cutting industry. Slitter blades are mainly made of the following materials: T10, 6CrW2Si, Cr12MOV, LD, H13, W18Cr4V, HI3K and other high-quality tool steel and high-alloy die steel.
Widely used in trimming and peeling of thin, medium, and thick plates, such as hot-rolled coils, acid grinding discs, electroplated and non-ferrous steel plates, silicon steel plates, stainless steel, silicon steel plates, and other industries. The cutting seam of the slitting machine blade is smooth and flat, and the blade is not easy to wear.
Mainly use dry plate slitter and various slitters. The specifications of the round knife range from φ10mm-2000mm, the precision grade is as high as 0.003, the thickness tolerance is ±0.001, and the finish is as high as 40.8, such as W6Mo5Cr4V2Co, SLD, DC-53, and other new materials, with their unique toughness and wear resistance, suitable for 0.1-10mm precision cutting Stainless steel, the cutter blade is sharp and wear-resistant, and the cutting is smooth and straight.
Selecting the correct type and material of slitter blades is critical to ensuring high-quality output and long blade life. When selecting a slitter blade, factors such as material type and thickness, blade type and edge geometry, blade hardness and toughness, blade coating and finish, and machine speed and operating conditions need to be considered. Properly maintaining and sharpening your blades is also critical to maintaining their cutting performance and extending their life.
How Often Should Slitter Blades Be Sharpened?
The frequency of sharpening depends on several factors, such as the material being cut, blade material, and operating conditions. In general, when a blade becomes dull or shows signs of wear, it should be sharpened.
Can the Slitting Machine Blade Be Reground?
Yes, most slitter blades can be resharpened several times before needing to be replaced.
What Is the Best Material for the Slitter Blade?
The best material for a slitter blade depends on the material being cut, blade type and edge geometry, and operating conditions. Common materials include tool steel, high-speed steel, carbide, ceramic, and diamond.
How to Maintain the Slitter Blade?
Regular inspection and cleaning of the blade are essential to maintain its cutting performance and prevent further damage. Regular sharpening of the blade will also help maintain its sharpness and cutting performance.
Can I Use the Same Blade to Cut Different Materials?
Using the same blade to cut different materials will result in poor cutting performance and premature blade wear. It is recommended to use a blade designed for the specific material being cut.
The above introduces the types and materials of slitting machine blades. If you want to know more or want to buy a slitting machine, please contact us.
HENGLI is a professional custom slitting machine manufacturer. Our company has more than 10 innovation patents and nearly 30 utility creation patents. As one of the national industry standard-setting members, we have core technologies and core products with independent intellectual property rights. The main products are synchronized with the world's advanced technology, and are widely used in the pillar industries of the national economy such as automobile manufacturing and parts processing, iron and steel metallurgical processing, electric power, and metal packaging.